- What is the length of standard roll of wallpaper?
Standard wallpaper is 53cm x 10m (5sqm Coverage) unless stated otherwise.
- Are the website images accurate?
We always try our best to supply the highest quality images but due to screen variations colours may vary slightly - We would always recommend ordering a samples prior to purchase.
- Can I hang new wallpaper over the top of existing wallpaper?
It's possible but we wouldn't recommend it as it will result in a slightly imperfect finish. Wallpaper will also not stick to textured or vinyl coated wallpapers.
- What effect does heat have when hanging wallpaper?
All wallpapers should be allowed to dry naturally in a well ventilated conditions. In areas of high temperature drying may be accelerated causing the wallpaper to shrink leaving the dreaded gaps in between strips!
- Should the design on the wallpaper always come off the roll the correct way up?
No. Depending how the wallpaper is manufactured and packaged this may differ. Always unroll the wallpaper and check prior to cutting and hanging.
- What is the difference between paste the wall and conventional wallpaper?
It's quite simple, you simply paste the wall rather than the paper. This specially designed material is much stronger than traditional wallpaper and requires no soaking time due to the special mesh-like properties.
Generally most commercial wallpaper pastes are suitable for use with our wallpapers. We recommend Bartoline's wallpaper adhesive for a strong hold and excellent value for money.
- What is the difference between pattern 'repeat' and pattern 'match'?
The pattern repeat simply measures the distance between the pattern starting and ending. The pattern match provides a measurement of how offset the pattern is in relation to the strip beside it.
- When should lining paper be used?
Using lining paper covers over many wall imperfections. It's also a great surface for the wallpaper to stick to resulting in a much better finish.